Fact: Instagram has a global scale community, registering 1 billion total users in 2018, 500 million of which use the app daily.With about 1 billion monthly active users from all over the world, Instagram is the 6th biggest social media platform. It is simply a photo and video sharing social media platform that works via an app. It allows its users to share a wide range of content such as photos, videos, stories, and live videos. This makes it a very suitable business platform.
Fact: Instagram has over 400 million daily active users. More, one-third of the most viewed stories are uploaded by businesses.Instagram has, as a feature, Instagram Stories a feature that displays pictures and videos with its accompanying message for 24 hours before it disappears. This is quite different from the Instagram feed where one can post a picture or a video and it remains for as long as the owner of the account wants.
Fact: In the last month, over 50% of businesses on Instagram produced an Instagram Story
One in five organic stories from businesses gets a direct message. – Instagram company blogFor advertisers, influencers, and promoters, there is a lot of potential for advertisement with Instagram stories. It is free, easy to upload, and smooth to access by the target audience. It can be used to inform the public about the upcoming events, products, and promotions of the brand or business.
Fact: about 73% of Instagram users view Instagram stories daily.
There are several ways to use Instagram stories for digital storytelling and digital storytelling. These include:
1. Alert your followers through the Instagram stories of new products and events.
Did you know that Instagram Stories have fueled the growth of brands like Teen Vogue, Insider, and Bustle?The platform allows for the upload and display of new products and events when they are in the works or already in the market. This also applies to an upcoming event where you want certain persons in the public to attend or to follow online.
This is used to update your followers on the new items brought to the market by their favorite businesses or brands which they follow on Instagram.
It is important that the pictures and videos uploaded are actually telling a story and in fact selling the brand as it is associated with something that have economic value to the company or business behind the upload.
Currently, a third of the most-viewed Instagram Stories come from business accounts, with 80% of Instagram users following businesses.It is also important to ensure that the story is aligned and not scattered and that it follows a sequential order.
You can inform your followers about the new or recent products or events by taking a snapshot or a video of the new product, then sliding to Instagram stories on the Instagram app and uploading the pictures with other accompanying words or information which can include a mention, hashtags, text, location and other stickers provided for in the filter section.
How to make a selling Instagram story is provided below.
TechCrunch reports that one in five Instagram Stories shared by a brand receives a direct reply – giving brands a direct line to connect with their audience and learn more about them.It is also important that a style including fonts and colors is adhered to, so that your followers will find it easier to detect your stories.
The image above shows a brand alerting its followers of its new product in the market and making sure the image contains information that may be required by the followers.
2. Share Current Happenings with respect to the business.
Instagram Stories last 24 hours on your profile before disappearing, but a video inside your Story can be up to 15 seconds long before cutting to the next piece of content.Instagram stories are used to share events, products, promotions and other trending events. It is also used to share products or events happening at that moment, that is, events happening live. This could include taking some pictures and shooting some videos of some events affiliated to the business or brand you intend to promote and uploading it at that moment.
The world is filled with people who want to be up-to-date with events and issues around them, so, this style of digital storytelling will in fact bring a lot of audience and followership.
The Instagram story above shows a daily deal with the discount on the product for that day with effective use of filters.
3. Don’t forget to showcase testimonials
Fact: 92% of customers refer to testimonials when making a decision to make a purchase. More, 72% of buyers trust a business after reading positive testimonials about it.Testimonials basically show new customers the need to try and trust your product. It helps to influence their decisions as they can read the opinions of fellow buyers. This takes your marketing a step further.
Nearly 95% of shoppers read online reviews before making a purchase (Spiegel Research Center, 2017)When you share customer reviews, there is a high chance you will get more reviews as a lot of people would want their opinions shared for others to read.
It is necessary to keep tabs on the activities of your followers, especially when it concerns your brand or business and repost it to your story.
In order to do that, follow these steps:
- A notification will appear in your direct message when a user mentions your business in their story.
- Click on the notification then click the “Add this to Your story” button.
- Here, you resize the content and add filters as you wish.
- Add filters to showcase brand loyalty
- Always request permission.
- Give credit to the original user of the photo or video by using the mention to tag such user.
- Click on “Share to your story” to share the content gotten from the user of the social media platform with your followers.
This helps as it serves as an attestation of the brand or business from other people. This has a way of influencing other users concerning the authentic and quality of the brand or business and in fact could lead to more followers on the platform.
It is important that the wordings and other filters or stickers used should be in a relaxed or fun mode as users tend to go in search of more fun on the social media platform, this could involve the use of polls on trivial issues with regards to the brands or business, offering giveaways for a specific number of likes and so on.
Here are some helpful tips in creating a selling story:
Have your picture or video ready, open your Instagram app and click on the camera icon at the top left. Now, select your photo or video. Note that you can zoom in or out by pinching; this makes the content bigger or smaller. Swipe across now to add filters. Your next stop is where you add a world of “interestingness” to your story.
- Add text with the “Aa” icon. With added text, you can add more expressions to make the picture more fun and informative. It helps to make the content more engaging.
- Tag others. When you tag a person, the person gets notified. Tag businesses, persons, brands, friends, and those you feel would be worth tagging. You can even tag your neighbors and partners.
- Pick the location tag. Let your audience know where you are. This can be very important if you operate a physical business model. Your location is important. With the geotag, you can show your city, and even your neighborhood.
- Reach more people with hashtags. When you use a hashtag, anyone searching for that hashtag easily comes across it. Instagram has made it all flexible as hashtags are searchable in Instagram stories the same way they are in Instagram posts. Awesome, isn’t it?
- You can make the mention, location and hashtag stickers more fun with color and style options.
- Use more fun stickers. There are selections on time, temperature, music, emojis, GIFs, and lots more.
- Have fun with the styles, stickers, filters, and fonts on Instagram stories. You are sure to come across one you like the most.
Go have fun creating stories and selling more products with your stories!